Friday, October 2, 2015

Burn is now available!

Boy, its been a while. After all this time however, I have finished my novelette called Burn. This is a prequel story to "The Broken", which explains why certain conflicts are occurring and it gives some insight on certain characters later in the book. This story is also linked with the short story series "Perfect part I" and "Perfect part II". Fun trivia for you guys, this is the very first story I ever wrote. It was based off of music I was listening to, in addition to some feelings about a certain event in my life back in high school. I won't go into detail on that, but I will say that this was originally written late in my 9th grade year of high school. I remember writing in my little pocket notebook with a really nice pen almost every day in class and lunch, never getting bored with it or ever having writers block. One of my friends took a look at it and said it was pretty good. It wouldn't be till the next grade year that I would return to it, this time for a school grade. My class had a write a science fiction short story, and to my excitement, I was allowed to use Burn as my story. The only thing I had to do was make it school friendly, and lengthen it a little bit. I got started right away and went all out on it. This was by far the most fun I had in a class and I made the most of it. The day came for peer reviews, and to my surprise the two people to read it really enjoyed it. Sadly the teacher never read the story, she really only wanted the story to meet the criteria of the assignment (amount of pages, was it science fiction, and how well the layout was). Inspired after the assignment, my creative juices started flowing through my veins, and I started thinking of a concept, listening to music more, and started writing stories about random things I was thinking about at the time, thus "Perfect part 1" came to be wrote. I kept it to myself more than Burn sadly, so I didn't get much feedback on the story and my writing style. Later on I would start to write again when I had time, and eventually started the first novel in "The Broken", wrote "Perfect part I and II" and then I took a look back at Burn. I thought about how I could improve it and better incorporate it into the series. Well, after all this time spent on it, I now have something to show for it, and I've got to say, I'm very proud of what I put together. As of yesterday it is available for purchase on the Amazon Kindle marketplace. You can get it here. As of now I am still currently working on the first novel in "The Broken', and believe me, its not going to be done any time soon, but writing a good novel takes times. In the mean time, I am working on another story that also takes place before the main series. So with two projects, plus college, plus work, I have a lot to do, but I will continue to write when I can. Till then, hope you all enjoy the story. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment